Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wherein Faith Confesses What an Idiot She Can Be

Let me get the good stuff out of the way first, before I tell on myself. I hit two goals in one fell swoop today! My first two Weight Watchers goals involved (1) hitting my 5% goal (losing 5% of my starting weight) and (2) hitting 15 pounds. I thought I made 5% last week, but they round up, so I had to get to 14 pounds lost to hit the 5%. So when I weighed in today, I was blissed to find that I've lost a bit over 15 pounds! Woohoo! My next goals are to get to the 10% mark, and 25 pounds. I'll just keep taking it bit by bit until I get to where I want to go.

Now to tell on myself. I love music. I've probably already made that clear. And I've been listening mainly to 3 albums for the last 4 weeks: Lily Allen, Alright Still; Dee Does Broadway; and the soundtrack to The Great Gatsby.  I did have my phone on shuffle last Saturday at work, but that's rare just because I have been going from song to song to song until I find one that fits my mood, while these 3 albums have pretty consistently matched my mood of late.

Anyway, today for some reason I didn't put it on an album. I just plugged it into my car and let it shuffle and I passed over song after song after song, singing and dancing when one I was in the mood for came on, and then going to the next one.  One of my all-time favourite songs came on, a Billy Idol number, and I was singing and dancing and amusing myself at the thought of using the songs as Facebook statuses or texts to one of my best friends, when the horrifying thought hit me.

I called my sister. "Is Dancing with Myself about masturbation?"

Because you know how embarrassing that could have potentially been for me, if I'd texted just the song title to my best friend.  "Dancing With Myself."  "Oh really? Tell me more," or, conversely, "TMI." And I'd have been clueless.  Or announced to my world via Facebook status: Dancing With Myself. I have some incredibly filthy-minded friends who wouldn't hesitate to take the mickey out of me.

Thank the FSM that my sister loves me and tells me the truth.  She asked if I really thought that song was about dancing by oneself, and I confessed that I did. I guess maybe because I spend a good part of my life feeling alone in the middle of crowds or groups of people, so it's such a familiar feeling to me that I take it for granted.

So yeah. I was mentally imagining Billy Idol sneering at all the empty-eyed bimbos around him and dancing proudly by himself, showing his moves.  Because dude! That man can sneer! So sexy!

And I won't be texting that song title to anyone, or using it as a status, and I'll only sing and dance to it when I'm alone, you know, dancing by myself. Literally. Not masturbating--I'm not sure I could manage that while singing and dancing.

1 comment:

  1. LOLOL!!! I would have laughed had you posted it and then I would have immediately called you....

    ReplyDelete